This is my first ever experience in the world of blogging. Despite the fact that I am somewhat of a newbie in the world of technical communication, I can't help but notice that people predominantly seem to associate the term "technical communication" with communication within the world of information technology. Take, for example, a simple entry of the words "technical communication" in monster.com's job search engine...90% of the search returns will invariably pertain to jobs within the field of information technology. Now, I know my way around a computer in a basic sense. However, I am no Einstein when it comes to the intricacies of codes and programming and such. But, I still consider myself technical in that I am a biologist working in Research and Development. I am "technical" from a scientific standpoint. I also am, therefore, a technical communicator when I seek to convey scientific information to a user. My general goal, among other things, is to use this blog to explore different aspects of that world of technical communication and give it some exposure. The ability to communicate well is invaluable to the scientist, but is yet, often an overlooked skill or area of study.
Since I am new to blogging, I need to do some research and study other blogs first. I'll post tomorrow about my analysis of three popular corporate blogs.
Friday, September 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment